Dream Realty Provides a Better Website and a Better Deal!
Clearwater Real Estate Update
Market Shift: More Houses Get Multiple Offers
Julie Holt of Tarpon Springs, Fla.-based Anclote Title Services says 10 percent of the homes for sale are generating more than one bid.
Experts say markets hit hard by foreclosure are seeing more multiple offers, as residential price declines make homes more affordable and banks low-ball asking prices on distressed properties.
"If a house is in a good neighborhood, is maintained and is a good value, it'll get multiple offers," says Holt.
Although many markets are far from fully shaking off the downturn, the pick-up in multiple offers is a reason for optimism.
"When you begin to see people willing to fight for a property, that's a good sign," says Beth Peerce, treasurer of the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. "We are beginning to see the beginning of the end of a disaster time."
Source: USA Today, Julie Schmit (5/6/09)
© Copyright 2009 Information Inc.
This situation definitely also applies to Clearwater Real Estate.
- Clearwater Real Estate May 29
- Clearwater Real Estate May 24
- Dream Realty Has New Logo
- Hulk Hogan Sells Belleair Home for 6.2Mill
- Home sales rise to highest level in 2.5 years
- Clearwater Home prices improve for third straig...
- Existing homes selling fast - record fast
- Clearwater Condos For Sale
- Pending home sales up for 5th straight month
- New home sales: 'Really good news'
- Home Prices Show Signs of Stabilizing in May
- Florida's Existing Home, Condo Sales Up in June...
- Existing-home sales up third straight month
- Tampa Bay homes are too cheap, report says
- Clearwater Real Estate Update
- Pending home sales rise 3.2 percent in March
- More About New $8000 Tax Credit
- Clearwater Beach by Design
- Watersedge Fate not tied to Developer Bankruptcy
- Bright Spots in Clearwater Real Estate