Dream Realty Provides a Better Website and a Better Deal!
Pending home sales up for 5th straight month
Realtors survey came in much better than expected.
WASHINGTON (AP)- Pending U.S. homes sales rose in June for the fifth straight month, another encouraging sign of life for the embattled U.S. housing market, the National Association of Realtors reported Tuesday.
For June, the Realtors group said its pending homes sales index rose 3.6 percent to 94.6, from an upwardly revised reading of 91.3 in May. The last time there were five consecutive monthly gains was July 2003.
The results were far better than analysts expected. Economists surveyed by Thomson Reuters expected the index to come in at 91.2.
The report tracks signed contracts to purchase previously owned homes and is considered a barometer for future home sales. Typically there is a one- to two- month lag between a sales contract and a completed deal.
The jump in pending home sales coincides with other positive trends in the residential real estate market.
"The housing market is healing and the patient is getting healthier at an accelerating pace," said economist Joel L. Naroff, president of Naroff Economic Advisors Inc.
For the first time in five years, home resales have risen for three months in a row, increasing almost 4 percent in June. Low prices, attractive mortgage rates and a first-time homebuyers tax credit of up to $8,000 have kick-started sales.
"Because housing is so affordable in today's market, job security and the first-time buyer tax credit are bigger factors in influencing home sales," said Lawrence Yun, the Realtors group's chief economist, in a statement.
The above story is especially true for Clearwater Real Estate.
- Clearwater Real Estate May 29
- Clearwater Real Estate May 24
- Dream Realty Has New Logo
- Hulk Hogan Sells Belleair Home for 6.2Mill
- Home sales rise to highest level in 2.5 years
- Clearwater Home prices improve for third straig...
- Existing homes selling fast - record fast
- Clearwater Condos For Sale
- Pending home sales up for 5th straight month
- New home sales: 'Really good news'
- Home Prices Show Signs of Stabilizing in May
- Florida's Existing Home, Condo Sales Up in June...
- Existing-home sales up third straight month
- Tampa Bay homes are too cheap, report says
- Clearwater Real Estate Update
- Pending home sales rise 3.2 percent in March
- More About New $8000 Tax Credit
- Clearwater Beach by Design
- Watersedge Fate not tied to Developer Bankruptcy
- Bright Spots in Clearwater Real Estate